Job Summary/Purpose: In the Production Supervisor position, we are looking for a highly driven individual that will be a leader in safety, product quality, exercising cost control, producing parts and assemblies to schedule, motivating shop employees to attain quantity and quality standards and administering company policies.
Primary Job Duties / Responsibilities:
- Become proficient and have knowledge of assemblies and processes involved in the assembly, testing, and shipping of dryer product.
- Coordinate with all departments to ensure on time production, which will include but not limited to Fabrication, Gearbox, Auger, Weld, Engineering and Procurement.
- Supervise assembly of dryer product, be “hands on” with the department, which may include helping in the assembly process.
- Work closely with Engineering and Procurement for improvement of product and cost reductions.
- Monitor employees performance to ensure all safety policies and procedures are followed and adhered.
- Implement and assign work schedules to maximize the utilization of manpower, machines, and equipment.
- Defines expected production standards, and monitors performance standards of the assigned personnel.
- Ensures inspection checks and quality assurance occurs to produce high quality products.
- Promote a continuous productivity improvement climate that encourages suggestions for operational improvement.
- Administers and supports company policies and procedures in a fair and consistent manner.
- The ability to recognize and solve practical problems and/or issues, communicate and interact with coworkers in a positive manner, and to effectively interpret and present information both one-on-one and in front of an audience.
- Calculate figures such as pay changes for employees, proportions and percentages, and product dimensions.
- Ensure an organized and clean work area by implementing Lean manufacturing techniques.
- Undefined responsibilities, as they pertain to the success of NECO and its business strategy, may be as assigned.
- Associates Degree
- Five to Seven years of experience in manufacturing or logistics/distribution environment
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, and Microsoft Outlook
- Strong leadership skills and the ability to support the company’s business objectives
- Excellent communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills
- The ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, procedure manuals and schematics
- Learn inventory needs and keep dryer parts coming ahead of assembly processes.
- Develop leaders in your department to help facilitate Dryer Dept. and NECO growthPreferred candidates will have:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Three to five years of experience in a supervisory position
- Previous supervisory experience in a manufacturing or logistic operations environment
- Practical hands on experience in Lean Manufacturing
- Must be a person of passion and integrity who has the drive to excel and deliver exceptional results
We offer comprehensive benefits and compensation package. Qualified candidates, send resume and cover letter to email@example.com with “DRYER PRODUCTION SUPERVISOR” in the subject line.
Visit our Corporate website www.globalindinc.com. & NECO’s www.necousa.com
Drug Testing required. EOE