We’re 100% committed to 2.66″ corrugation because we know it’s simply the best.
Commercial grain storage systems are no place for compromise. That’s why we use 2.66″ (6.76 cm) corrugation on every sidewall sheet—every one. It’s best for hoop load, wind load and is performance proven over the years. This corrugation specification provides more steel per square inch when compared to wider corrugation of the same thickness—and that matters when you have tons of grain inside the bin.
NEW! 5 gauge and 7 gauge options
We’ve extended our range of sidewall gauges to match an even wider range of commercial bin applications. These heavier gauges reduce the lamination requirements on larger bins—reducing bin costs and saving time and money in construction.
- G-115(Z350) galvanization on every sidewall sheet means 27% longer life.
- 5 gauge to 19 gauge sidewalls available allowing us to design each bin to match your application.
- All sheets are identified for gauge, supplier, coil and date for easy traceability.
- Precise 7/16″ sidewall punching easily accommodates 3/8″ bolts, saving time during construction.
Optional side draw system is a common add-on to MFS/Stormor commercial grain storage systems. Available on most models, side draw installation provides high-speed, economical unloading. Side draw systems include baffles and 12″ (30.5 cm) outlet with rack and pinion gate.
Bolt-on base angle provides a strong finished edge to bin bottom and secure seal of bin to foundation when a sealer is added—providing greater integrity over competitors’ pre-formed angles that are simply rolled into the sheet.
Structural integrity at every point.
- Stiffeners provide integrity and optimal strength for the high eave heights typical of commercial grain storage bins. The stiffeners carry the vertical load, allowing the sidewall to account for hoop load. Choice of two or three stiffeners per sidewall panel provide optimal strength and stability depending on capacity and application. Stiffeners are easily mounted either externally or internally depending upon customer preference.
- All stiffeners are G-115 (Z350) galvanized to provide 27% longer life. Most stiffeners are ASTM A653 Grade 55 with 55K yield and 70K tensile strength.
- Stiffeners are available from 8 gauge to 18 gauge to meet the demands of bins up to 105 ft. (32 m) diameter.
G115 galvanizing of stiffeners provides up to 27% longer life. Most stiffeners are ASTM A653 Grade 55 with 55K yield and 70K tensile strength.
12 gauge splice ensures that stiffeners are properly butted to effectively transfer vertical sidewall load to the foundation.
Heavy duty wind rings are easily attached to the stiffeners on bins requiring this extra measure. Pre-punched wind ring holes and special attachments simplify installation.
Hat shaped” stiffener design is proven through engineering studies to be the preferred shape for commercial bin stiffeners. This design carries the full vertical load to the foundation.
When it comes to protecting grain and people, details matter.
Two ring door is available
on 15 ft. through 105 ft. (4.6 m to 32 m) diameter bins.
One ring door
in sidewall provides full and easy access regardless of door option selected.
Optional skid steer door
with roomy 7 ft. x 7 ft. (2.1 m x 2.1 m) opening is available on bins of 72 ft. to 105 ft. (21.9 m to 32 m) diameter.
Grade 8.2 bin bolts
are used throughout to ensure strength and stability. Roofs use 5/16″ (0.79 cm) bolts and sidewalls use 3/8″ (0.95 cm) bolts.
feature JS1000 plating system, SAE Grade 8.2 for maximum shear capacity as well as industry standard washers to seal the bolt to the sidewall.
MFS/Stormor bin floors are available in a wide variety of styles to match the application, storage system and customer preference. Long-lasting galvanized construction coupled with state-of-the-art design and manufacturing makes for a bin floor that stands up to use and abuse under the most challenging conditions. Floors can be manufactured to any diameter, which makes an MFS/Stormor floor available on our bins—plus any other brand of bin.
16-gauge floor option is the heaviest specification available in the industry. MFS/Stormor also offers the widest variety of gauges in the industry—providing even more assurance that the construction matches the challenge.
Built-in corrugation on planks increases strength and rigidity. Round perforation (0.093″) design is smooth and easy to sweep.
Built-in crown on planks prevents sagging and provides additional strength. Slotted design offers strength and economy.
Small perforation (0.050″) floor planks are ideal for use in storing small grains such as canola. Smooth surface facilitates easy clean-out.
MFS/Stormor supports are available in either galvanized or welded styles, providing a choice for customers. Supports come in multiple heights to accommodate different sizes of bin unloading systems and fan transitions for optimum performance.
Locking tabs on galvanized supports lock into place during assembly. 17 gauge galvanization provides strength and dependability.
Powder-coated welded design resists rust and lasts longer than non-painted supports. Facilitates easy installation.
Choice of high back or low back flashing
works for both new bin installation or retrofits.
adds strength and durability. Also provides traction for sweep augers.
The Contractor’s Choice
- Every floor plank is labeled for easy identification in the field
- Floor planks are precisely bundled to enable building from the stack
- On-side shipment makes parts easier to handle and reduces damage during loading/unloading
- Multiple bundles on larger systems make for easier loading and unloading
- Single piece option for larger bins can make on-site construction easier
- One-man installation of flashing possible thanks to use of nuts on the inside of the bin
- Easy-to-use construction guide simplifies the process—especially for first-time installers
- Powder-coated welded supports resist rust and enhance appearance upon delivery at job-site